Because they are the interested potential customers that you can market to again and again. But where do you start? The very first thing you will need to do is buy a list management program or service, such as Aweber or Constant Contact. When you are setup with your list manager, make a sign-up box on your website and/or blog to fully capture names and e-mail addresses.
Sounds easy doesn’t it? Here are four things to remember when setting up your sign-up form. 1. Put an application on every page of your website. The explanation for it is because you never know from which page the potential prospect will enter your site. Users rarely will enter your URL and enter your site through the home page; they will probably land on the web page after searching through a browser using key term or search phrases. 2. Answer the WIIFM (Whats In It FOR ME PERSONALLY) question.
Include the answer next to the sign-up box by giving details about what benefits the chance will receive if they join your mailing list. These days it’s not enough to just receive a newsletter – provide them with something of value such as a special report, top list, or a free of charge mini e-course.
- Empathize: Getting To Know Your Ideal Audience
- Please describe your social mass media strategy process
- You can add your contact amount on your choice
- After you have updated your address with the DOB Licensing unit, login to eFiling
3. Set expectations by letting them know what it is that they will be getting and how often. 4. Thank them. I cannot enough state this, give thanks to these public people for taking the time to sign up. Thank them and mean it. 5. Bonus Welcome e-mail. This provides a good touch if you have an autoresponder program. A “Welcome to ” e-mail can be used to restate expectations, give more info about the publication, e-course, etc., when it will often be sent and exactly how. More importantly, you are building trust and establishing a rapport between you as well as your prospects.
Setting up the list manager, whether it is to send a newsletter or an entire e-course just, can be a intimidating task and a lot of you simply do not have enough time to take action. That is a perfect task to delegate to your va! The most important take-away, however, is to really get your web form set up. You can go back and fine tune the sign-up process always, replace the free item, or change the text on your opt-in e-mail. It does not have to be perfect it has to be up just.
Assuming that is right so far as Google Webmaster Tools is concerned, there are always a true amount of other items you’ll want to consider. How new is your site? Sites that have just launched often don’t rank well in the search engines, especially Google. It is because they don’t have as much trust built up and because they probably don’t have a lot of incoming links.
Does your site use Flash? Let’s face it: Flash’s best days are most likely behind it. It was a great bridge to get the Internet from to here there, but like the rotary mobile phone, it’s just slowing down your success now. While there’s nothing inherently wrong with Flash, most content within a Flash movie is impossible or difficult for the various search engines to access either, rendering it invisible basically.